Old April 2nd 04, 03:13 PM
Corky Scott

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:26:17 -0500, "Ron Natalie"
wrote:

But getting to the heart of the matter.

There is traditionally one forum track during the day that is non-aviation related
and there is a "women's" activities building that has various crafting things as well
as showing non-aviation movies.

A shuttle bus will take you to a nearby outlet mall.
The city bus will take in you into Oshkosh proper.

The evening "Theatre in the Woods" programs usually have a entertainment
feature (Kids from Wisconsin, etc...) that's not aviation related.

Here's my wife's point of view: She gets motion sick easily, doesn't
like huge crowds, "roughing it" means a motel without coffee in the
morning, so lying on the damp hard ground and hiking to the portotoi's
where many women refuse to sit on the seat so they perch above it and
dribble all over the seat for the next occupant, she feels is a
particularly irritating form of torture. She thinks that looking at
airplanes flying overhead is hilariously funny.

We walked through the Smithsonian Air and Space museum for hours,
years ago before the kids, eventually ending up at the Navy exhibit.
I exclaimed, "Look honey, this is the SBD Dauntless, the Dive Bomber
that won the battle of Midway." She glanced at it, her eyes now
glazed over from hours of wandering around numerous airplanes and
remarked: "Oh great, another airplane, it's blue." We left the Air
and Space Museum and went to the Museum of Art.

I can't complain though, she hasn't objected to my building my
Christavia over the last dozen years.

So even if by some medical miracle we control her motion sickness,
Oshkosh just is never going to be a husband and wife adventure for us.
She'd feel as if she'd been condemned and banished to Siberia where
her only form of "entertainment" is to sit amongst total strangers
making flower arrangements while airplanes roar and thunder overhead
in the heat and dust.

Corky (this is meant to be a humerous post) Scott