Old September 18th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default retractable floats?

"Ernest Christley" wrote

Well, it was until you showed how it is clearly impossible 8*)

Actually, the original post wasn't asking about putting floats on a
Delta, I was just saying that the mechanism chosen by John Dyke might
possibly be a solution for retracting floats. If I were to pick a
solution for floating a Delta, I'd change to a rear mounted ducted fan
engine and seal the belly.

Humm, what about CG issues? Are you going to put the people way up in the
nose, or just add a large chunk of concrete where the engine used to be? g

As for all the aerodynamic effects or moving around a large portion of
the airplane, you weren't expecting a fully engineered solution in an
off-hand internet post, were you?

Well, from you, I expected nothing less, than an engineered design
modification plan, with all of the "t's" dotted, and the "i's" crossed! Or
something like that! ;-))
--
Jim in NC