Old August 5th 08, 08:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Battery cable selection

"oilsardine" wrote in message
not sooo fast, Mr.L'ectrzity!

supposed this guy got some bargain instuments (or radios, or starter or
whatever else) BUT these are 24 volt units then you could come to this
conclusion to join two batteries. In this case you will have half of the
current flow compared to a 12V system. So you can use half the cross
section of your cabling. Basic electics.

That is not in dispute.

Look back to my answer. I said to use the same size as the main cable. It
(the jumper) would see the same amperage.

If the main cable is sized to carry the 24 volt load, it would indeed be
half the amps of the same 12 volt system.

The jumper would need to be the same size as the properly sized main cable.

THAT is basic "electics."
--
Jim in NC