Old October 2nd 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default Radio recommendations

Jim Stewart wrote:

I have an A-210 on order and it should be here
soon. 2 receivers, built-in 2-place intercom
and auto frequency change from GPS data.

ICOM stuff in general is reliable and cost-
effective.

I'll let the group know how it works out.

I picked up an A-200 this year as a slide-in replacement for my old King KY-
97 ($800 for the TSO'd version). Great radio! As a matter of fact, I'm
thinking of buying another one to replace my #2 radio, which is a Narco
Escort II nav/com. The nav side hasn't worked in years, so all I really need
is a backup com.

I checked out the specs on the new A-210. Many of the bells and whistles
on the new model wouldn't help (already have an intercom and my old GPS won't
transmit frequency data). I don't think I could justify the extra $500.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)