Old May 21st 04, 03:08 PM
Toks Desalu

Point well taken. Thanks. I am now looking into NAVGPS and AnywhereMap. Any
other software that I should be looking into?

"John T" wrote in message
ws.com...
"Toks Desalu" wrote in message

Also, I looked into several other software (subscription) like
AnywhereMap, NavGPS, etc. These are perfect software to use. Since I
am currently a graduate student and I don't fly as much as most of
you guys do, I thought it would be unwise for me to buy these
software.

Why would buying these be unwise if they are "perfect" packages? If they
fit your needs and you consider the cost to be reasonable, then buy them.
If you can try the packages before you buy them, that will greatly help

your
decision.

Personally, I've gotten past the point of "going cheap" with tools in
general and certainly with flying "tools". Now I carefully consider my
current and projected needs (for whatever tool I'm considering) and buy

the
tool that fits those best. Sometimes I have to save a while, but I
eventually get the best tool for the job. Getting frustrated in the

cockpit
because I saved some money isn't really worth the effort. Besides, my
experience is that not spending the money on the right tool now costs me
much more in the long run because I end up swapping the "cheap" tool for

the
right one later.

Just my opinion.

For the record, I use the AnywhereMap system. I find a lot of other uses
for the PDA outside the cockpit and the "clutter factor" is no worse than

dedicated aviation unit with remote antenna. Also, compared to dedicated
aviation units, the cost/benefit ratio is competitive, in my opinion. I
don't think I fly much more than the average GA pilot, but I find the AWM

rather useful tool - especially for XC flying.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer