Old March 30th 05, 02:43 AM
Webdaddy

You could subscribe to Flight Explorer Personal Edition (10 Hours a
month) for $8.95 and then purchase a Verizon EVDO card and subscribe to
that service for $89.95 a month. Works well below 12500 ft. only problem
is that the data displayed is 10 minutes delayed due the the security
situation. Thats what I do and it works fine. A little pricey at $100 a
month but I need both of the features for work so it works out for me.
Another option if you live in certain areas may be the acarsd client
which shows acars reports only (very limited coverage areas however) but
its free.

Kevin

Darrel Toepfer wrote in news:OeY_d.36645$6g7.17252
@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

C. Osbourne wrote:

Thanks for the info, Too bad you can't just setup the right
equipment to receive the signals, but what you say makes sense.

It's just that's it's "drop dead cool", I'd really like to have
something that shows that data, that didn't cost as much as
the other 1/2 of the plane!

There are several programs (subscription required) that allow you to

see
all IFR traffic in the area on a computer via the internet...

Not the same thing, but its getting there and bringing the costs

down...