Old May 2nd 05, 02:04 PM
Jon A.

You'll need to disconnect the instruments or they'll be damaged! Get
a bicycle pump and blow it out with that air pressure.

On 2 May 2005 01:01:30 -0700, wrote:

Hi group,

There are larve in my static ports again.
The problem is that I do not have compressed air to blow them out.
I was thinking about using CO2 cartridges like they use for emergency
tire repairs. Or maybe a bicycle pump will do the job.
My concern is the max pressure I can use before I damage something.
I know that I have to de-couple the static lines from the instruments.

I'm going to try to build something to block the ports.
The ports are about 1/8"dia. and 1/4" deep. A pin will do the job but
I'm afraid that even a small remove-before-flight flag will pull them
out in some wind.

-Kees.