Old May 2nd 05, 09:53 PM
Peter Clark

On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:48:53 -0700, "RST Engineering"
wrote:

Really? I'm not doubting that you found this provision somewhere, but I
don't recall it. Mind giving a chapter and verse?

I would think that any A&P can open the system, but if they do and the
aircraft wants to fly IFR I think they'd be subject to shipping it
over to a proper facility to do an AST.

91.411(a)(2) - "Except for the use of system drain and alternate
static pressure valves, following any opening and closing of the
static pressure system, that system has been tested and inspected and
found to comply with paragraph (a), appendices E and F, of part 43 of
this chapter; ..."

43(e)(1) "Test by an appropriately rated repair facility in
accordance with the following subparagraphs." does seem to support
that it has to be a repair station, but what's the practical
difference between an avionics shop and repair station?