Old August 9th 04, 01:38 PM
Derrick Early

Yes, this is possible. I'm trying to figure out if jumpy instruments is
normal. I think that I should make a test or have it tested.

"SFM" wrote in message
Could this just be that the static port is very close to the pilot's door
and you closing it cause a disruption of air over the outside static port?

Scott

Catch the wave!
www.hamwave.com

**"A long time ago being crazy meant something, nowadays everyone is
crazy" -- Charles Manson**
"Derrick Early" wrote in message
When I close the door to my 172, the airspeed, vsi and altimeter

instruments
jump. Does this mean that I have a leak in my static line? The last

check
of the system was 18 to 20 months ago. The last thing that I want is

errors
in altitude while flying IFR.