Old December 7th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Jim Macklin

Default TFR not right IMO / sissy pilots

AOPA members do not vote in a block. Most have other issues
that take a higher personal priority. For instance, a solid
pro-gun voter will not vote for an anti-gun candidate no
matter how well the AOPA rates that candidate.

The AOPA is effective because of a quality staff and an
active media and lobby effort. But there are more cars and
trucks in a smallish town and than in the whole nation.
Pilots are independent voters, and airspace and pilots are a
national [Federal issue] and airports are more local with
Federal over-sight. Daley is still mayor in Chicago.

"Christopher Campbell"
wrote in message
e.com...
| On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 19:29:25 -0800, Bart wrote
| (in article ):
|
| What I am really surprised about is how many pussy
pilots there are out
| there.
| I mean if there's 300,000 ish AOPA members out there,
then that's an
| important
| block of votes. That's got to be one of the biggest
PAC's next to AARP.

| Not really. It is tiny in terms of PACs. AARP has nearly
30 million members.
| The National Education Association has 3 million members.
So does the
| National Rifle Association. And these are the small ones.
Most of the other