Old October 17th 03, 12:16 PM
John Carrier

Nomex (green) jacket can only be worn on flight line. You can wear it
coming
on base, or leaving base but can only be "seen" in it on the flight line

and
the O'club. (Or entering and leaving quarters to or from the flightline.)

That may be written down somewhere, but I never had a problem wearing the
nomex jacket ANYWHERE on base in my entire career ... going back over thirty
years. That includes the infamous era at Miramar when Field Day Fellows
would post squadron XO's at the main gate to bust anyone wearing their
flight jacket in their car.

These days I wear one anywhere I please.

R / John