Old December 4th 04, 01:55 PM
Jay Honeck

That's a great site.

It's funny -- as a kid I knew that Milwaukee had Nike anti-aircraft missile
batteries on the lakeshore. And as a teenager and young adult I always
attended Summerfest in Milwaukee, one of the largest music festivals in the
world.

But I had no idea that Summerfest was held on the original site of an
airport, nor did I know that the Nike missiles had been based right on the
same spot.

Talk about beating swords into plowshares. I guess that explains how the
city was able to obtain such a huge piece of prime lakefront property for
the Summerfest grounds.

Thanks for sharing that URL.
--
Jay Honeck