Old December 7th 04, 04:03 AM

THis is a neat list of abandoned airfields in the US.

Dave

http://members.tripod.com/airfields_freeman/index.htm

This is an interesting site and a worthy cause. I have spent
a few hours reading it - remembering vanished airports I
knew in the past, and learning about others I never knew
existed. I would encourage anyone having information to
contribute to do so - to preserve the knowledge for posterity.
I know of several former airport sites, and plan to share
this info as soon as I can take photos of what remains.
(several cases of seemingly out-of-place hangars, and one
-moved from it's original site- that is now a grocery store).
David Johnson