Old May 14th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default NJ Abandoned airport? Can you ID?

In a previous article, John said:
Can anyone identify this one? I'm not sure it was an airport but it
sure looks like it had two or maybe even three runways.
Location is near Pittsgrove and Newfield in Southern New Jersey. It is
between Willow Grove Lake and state highway 55.

It's in the middle of this image:
http://tinyurl.com/qcdx7 [google maps]
39.55 N 75.06 W

According to a user waypoint in Google Earth, it's "Rudy's Airport".

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?
kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.0"
Placemark
nameRudys Airport/name
description![CDATA[a href='http://www.google.com/search?q=Rudys
Airport'Search Google/a
br]]/description
styleUrlflatfile://styleMaps#4001/styleUrl
Point
coordinates-75.06610999999999,39.55555999999999,0/coordinates
/Point
/Placemark
/kml

Googling suggests it might have had an id of 25N when it was open.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
-- Blair P. Houghton