Old July 30th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Dave S

Default Non-precision approach without a published MAP?

Andrew Sarangan wrote:

It also occurs BEYOND the departure end of the runway...

So what? I would consider a MAP that begins before the runway to be an
exception rather than the rule.

I agree..

But what I am referring to were MAPs that are reached after you have
already passed the runway completely (approach AND departure end), and
are leaving the airport boundary, which is portrayed in the approach in
question. I'm sure there are more than a few.. I just haven't seen many
like that.

Thanks,
Dave