Old August 1st 06, 08:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default Non-precision approach without a published MAP?

Dave S wrote:

That's why it's called a non-precision approach. You are suppose to
understand on on-airport-faciliy's IAP limitations and be guided
accordingly.

These are antiques now.

No... it's called a non precision approach if it lacks vertical guidance
component in the form of a glideslope. And of course if it has a
glideslope, its going to have a localizer or localizer type lateral
guidance to the runway end..

Some non-precision IAPs have more non-precision than others.

what I thought was unique and remarkable about this approach, which
nobody seems to notice what I was actually referring to.. was that the
MAP wasnt before the runway, or over the threshhold, or over
midfield.... but clean past the whole stinkin airport. Hadn't seen that
before.. til now. Call me green.. I dont care..

I guess that isn't that remarkable of a thing to all the wise old men
out there..

It is a matter of training, not experience.