Old June 6th 07, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default American decline in tech was: ENvironmentally Friendly ...

On Jun 6, 9:19 am, Bob Fry wrote:
"kontiki" == kontiki writes:

kontiki Well for SIX MILLION dollars, it better be able to be
kontiki done.

$6M...isn't squat these days. If they can develop a prototype at that
cost it's amazing.

kontiki Anybody can throw money at a problem and eventually come
kontiki up with something that works.

Really?? Rather, anybody can throw money at a problem, and...keep
throwing money at it. Like sending a flight loads of ca$h to Iraq
[http://www.guardian.co.uk/Iraq/Story...939,00.htmland many
other refs].

To actually solve a problem, regardless of money, takes insight and a
modicum of intelligence. As an American and engineer I'm seeing less
and less of both here, and it ****es me off. But we got about half
the country thinking our decline is caused because the other half
doesn't pray. Science? Engineering? Rational thought? That's for
the weird-sounding foreigns, 4-eyed geeks, and far-left libs. No, we
just need to return to God and Jesus and everything will be fine.

--
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing
it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Hi Bob,

As another American engineer, I'm in agreement with you 100%. Our
government is allowing, no incentivizing our corporations to take our
jobs overseas to China and India to save on salaries, medical, and
taxes. Then, when these same companies want to repatriate their U.S.
dollars, they get a special tax break cut for them by congress. Then,
because even college grads in engineering don't want to work for
peanuts, they claim that there is an "engineering shortage" because
they can't fill job requisitions that they post at below starting
salary market wages and scream to raise the H1-B visa limits so they
can bring in more slave-labor body shopper engineers from India and
China.

There is something seriously wrong with our country when an MBA
managing a Target or Walmart can make twice as much annually as an
engineering desiging multi-million dollar revenue generating
products. If this keeps up, more and more college age kids are going
to avoid this profession and corporations will get the shortage that
they are claiming. I know there is no shortage right now because
100's of good engineers are being let go by companies like HP as
recently as May 31. "Early retirement" at 48 years old? Yeah,
right...

Dean