Old July 14th 09, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Delicious land out spot in Arkansas

We've got a turnpoint like that on our Pennsylvania/New Jersey
Governor's Cup circuit. Ours is at Blairstown, NJ (1N7) - and while
the food isn't to be found inside an old airplane fuselage, the apple
pie ala mode is worth landing out for! (experience speaking here
grin)

-John

On Jul 14, 9:19 am, Spam wrote:
We are making this a turnpoint from our gliderclub in Arkansas. Only
46 nautical miles to the north of our club lies an old military
airport that does not have a control tower. Easy to get in, they do
have an FBO.

The best part???

An old Southwest Airlines 737 turned into a restaurant right on the
field. Roll your glider to a stop just feet away from where you eat.
Check it out.....

http://www.fly-low.com/feat1205/pinnarg.html