Old July 20th 03, 11:29 PM
Craig Prouse

"Ryan Ferguson" wrote:

First, I have to comment and say that the Bendix King "Wingman" site
needs some serious help. (Anyone listening over there?) I've built
websites for a living in the past and this one exhibited just about
every user interface flaw known to man.

This is the new "improved" site. It was much more usable until about three
months ago when they fixed it. I think they used the same contractor that
is handing e-mail to the White House.

But I got to that point where I was downloading the product and
installing the GPS loader software. Then something bad happened -
somehow some .DLLs in my Windows 98 OS got mangled by the install.

Well there you go. Shame on you for not upgrading to Windows 2000.

Has anyone else gone through this? Is it just me? Why
the heck is my computer all screwed up just from installing the Bendix
King GPS Loader?

I went through hell trying to keep that monstrosity working on my Macintosh
with VirtualPC and a USB-to-Serial adapter. After a year and many nearly
dead aircraft batteries and wasted hours and delayed departures, I bought a
POS PC laptop for $300, proving that two wrongs do indeed make a right.
(The only problem with the VirtualPC solution is that the transfer protocol
is excessively timing dependent.)