Old October 9th 03, 11:07 PM
Tobias Dussa

ThomasH writes:
Ok. They're comfortable. Not quite as good as the Bose, but much better than my
Sigtronics. The speaker quality is worse than my Sigtronics or Bose, and the
microphone quality is very poor (about the same as a set of low-end Peltors).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I most sincerely doubt that. Sennheiser mikes are *the leading* stage,
theater and philharmony equipment.

Sennheiser also produces *the* *leading* earphone speakers, which would
make it seem implausible that speakers on their headsets are _that_ bad.
It is not necessarily certain that they put the top-of-the-line stuff
in aviation headsets, though. _But_ judging from my experience with
their products (not limited to, but including aviation gear), I would
agree that I have a hard time believing they produce crappy headsets.

Still, George may have got a faulty headset, those things do happen,
albeit rarely with Sennheiser from what I hear.

FWIW, my HMEC300 is absolutely gorgeous.

Cheers,
Toby.
--
Honk if you love peace and quiet!