Old November 25th 03, 01:25 AM
Judy Ruprecht

At 19:06 24 November 2003, I stuck my foot in my mouth
by saying:

(It seems to me your graph *must* contemplate
a tail tank... ballasting the wing tanks alone would
cause a forward shift in the flight CG, NOT a forward
shift in the forward CG *limit* - only the addition
of weight well aft could do that!)

That last phrase should have read, 'only the addition
of weight well aft could make the forward CG limit
LINE shift forward.' (That's because the LINE represents
the CG limit - a fixed value - being affected by the
distribution of weight in wing & tail tanks.)

Apologetically,

Judy