Old August 11th 08, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default jet pack

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
In fact I should confess that I only posted my comments in a very modest
effort to promote lighter-than-air (LTA) as a more viable option for such
things. Of course the "open" technical challenges and usage tradeoffs of
personal "portable(!?)" airship are quite different from rotorcraft.

Would this sort of concept use He and a compressor to recover it after a
flight, or hot air?

He would, I think, take a lot of compressing to make it portable - Right?
Wrong?

I assume you are talking about something with power - one fuel could
provide power and the heat for hot air. The engine cooling / exhaust would
help maintain the temperature inside the envelope?

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com