Old August 29th 04, 07:23 AM
AllanStern

Default Stream of C-17s evacuated to MacDill AFB

It is Sunday morning, and since 12:43am EDT (0443z), and I have been
hearing a steady stream of acft arriving at MacDill AFB which seem to be
evacuees from Charleston AFB, in the path of the big tropical storm.
Since 11:30pm Saturday, I have heard HurrEvac 03, HurrEvac 04, HurrEvac
05, HurrEvac 06, HurrEvac 07 HurrEvac 08, HurrEvac 09, and HurrEvac 11, all
C-17s arriving at MacDill. They are all announcing "no-cargo" and "no pax,"
except two which had three pax.
The handoff sequence for the Charleston AFB C-17s streaming into MacDill
AFB tonight seems to be:
135.45 (Jax @ Albany)
125.175 (Jax @ Lowell)
118.8 (Tampa Appr)
123.7 (MacDill Twr).
Also 135.75 (Jax @ Lowell) and 132.825 (Jax @ St Augustine)
Also with Lightning Ops on 311.0, and MacDill PTD on 372.2.

AL STERN Satellite Beach FL (28-11N 80-36W) monitoring
 Patrick AFB (KCOF)  NASA-KSC Shuttle Landing Fac (KX68)
 Avon Park Bombing Range (KAGR)  Cape Canaveral AFS (KXMR)
 JSTARS E-8 Acft Integration Facility, Melbourne IAP (KMLB)
 Worldwide Military HF Communications
 Life Member: Missile, Space and Range Pioneers.
 http://hometown.aol.com/allanstern/m...age/index.html (My Freqs)
 http://hometown.aol.com/scanaddict/index.html (My Equipment)