Old July 12th 03, 02:37 PM
Rich Hare

Jim,
As I remember mine, I don't think I flew the airplane much. I think I
had to demonstrate some basic instrument competency from the right seat.

The meat of the ride was the ability to teach effectively (breakdown a
maneuver into its elements and teach each element) and to diagnose
"student" errors, which the DE simulated. It really was a "teaching
test" more than an instrument flying test (but that could have been
different if he had seen any weakness in that area, I believe).

Rich

Jim wrote:
Anybody in the group have any CFI-I checkride stories/hints/advice that
they'd like to share? I'm working towards my CFII now.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply