Old October 7th 03, 02:33 PM

ryuzu wrote:

The Flying Instruction route is a common entry point however the research I
did into this did throw up one point that's worth bearing in mind. In
Australia you can get a HCPL with 105hrs, but need 400hrs to be able to
instruct.

Then the first thing to do is check to see if a US issued CFI license
is transferrable or usable in AU. To get a HCPL over here, the min is
only 40 hrs with 60 typical. In other words, if it is usable in AU,
then come here for a month or two and get your license. I know that
there are a lot of non-US students taking lessons at both flight
schools that I frequent. As odd as it sounds, the US is rumored to be
among the cheapest places to get a pilot license of any type. It may
be worth his while to go this route. Heli lessons in an R22 average
$200/hr.

Dennis.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."
To find out what an H-1B is and how they are putting
Americans out of work, visit the following web site
and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news video:
http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm