Old April 30th 05, 04:14 AM
Dave S

Yes.. you are absolutely right.. and someone else earlier gave the more
exact value of 0.4 psi/ft so actually its more like 50 feet. I had the
right idea but did the wrong math the first time around.

Think about it like this.. most water towers are in the 100 ft range to
get spigot pressures of 40-50 psi. Modern practice is now to get away
from towers and stick with continuous duty pumps, but the old style
still persists.

Dave

Thanks.

George Patterson wrote:
Dave S wrote:

Water pressure is a matter of height/elevation. From my fire
department days, you will get static pressure of 1/2" pound PSI per
foot of elevation.. so you need 10 feet of water to get that 20 psi.

Wouldn't that be 40' of elevation to get 20 psi?

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.