Old June 13th 05, 03:27 AM
Kyle

The answer to your question is classified. I wouldn't be expecting an answer
from anyone involved. And there is no one answer. As stated before, it
depends on a lot of factors including luck. Having said that, the launch
aircraft certainly could have guided the weapon and it would not have to do
it at 150 NM. By following the weapon inbound, the range would be less than
150 NM upon guidance. It could have also been done by another aircraft
equipped with a data link pod at some range to the weapon.

"KDR" wrote in message
oups.com...
There's no mention about any other aircraft involved in the 150NM-shot
test. Whether the launch aircraft sent target info updates to the
missile or not, what I want to know is this: the maximum possible
distance between the controlling aircraft and SLAM-ER.