Old September 21st 07, 10:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Default E6B for iPhone?

C J Campbell wrote in

The iPhone and iPod Touch have no way of downloading an application to
it -- you use web-based applications for them. The iPhone, of course
has both wi-fi and phone access to the Internet; the Touch has only
wi-fi. The browser on these devices allows you to keep several pages
open. Once open, you do not need Internet access unless the page needs
to be refreshed. There are thousands of web-based applications for the
iPhone available already, including DUATS, but no E6B. These apps, BTW,
work with any browser, not just an iPhone. The main difference is that
they are sized for the iPhone's screen.

It surprises me that no one has done an E6B yet. It seems a simple
enough application and there are web-based E6Bs already.

It surprises me that someone as smart as you hasn't already asked for your
money back.

A $600 phone that doesn't support downloading applications? Is that the only
thing besides the Apple logo that makes it different than the $250 Treo? How
does Apple spin that into a "feature"?