Old June 30th 03, 11:10 PM
Bart

Default TFR not right IMO

I was getting ready to go today and noticed that there were two
new TFR's for me to avoid. One of them closed a regional airport,
and the other a few miles away to the northwest. I saw the words
"Secret Service" and figured #1 or #2 was gonna be in town.
I did a news search and found out that the reason for it was
because VP Cheney was going to a $1000/plate party fundraiser.

All told they mucked up about 60 square miles of airspace,
closed a fairly large airport (class C), and caused a mess on a
pretty big highway; All in the name of fundraising for the party.

I think this is really wrong! If they were on official biz for
the government I could understand it, but they're just stumping
for re-election and panhandling with rich people, and I don't
think they should be doing it on our dime or at the expense of
the public's right to travel.

I got to thinking that this is only going to get worse as election
season heats up, and wondered how many pilots would be losing their
tickets because they didn't check their political fundraising notams.

Agreements or disagreements out there?

Bart