Old May 25th 04, 07:41 PM
Sarah Hotdesking

"raymond o'hara" wrote in message
newsgMsc.636$Ly.30@attbi_s01...

"Sarah Hotdesking" wrote in

The carrier is HMS Hibernia. The first lot of pix are being posted as I
type. I also found several pix for submariners, some old naval planes

and
other odds and ends.

actually the hibernia is a battleship of the king edward class . it was
fitted with flying off platforms to carry some aircraft .i posted some

pics
of her with and without platforms and one of a plane ttaking off .

I realise Hib was a battleship, but it's much more fun to wind people up
about aircraft carriers at the moment I saw your pics. I've only done
the 1st volume of a 2 volume encyclopedia, there will be more to come, but
not right away.

I realise the files are large (BMP), but I'd already had some requests to
send BMPs for better resolution so people could save them and scale them to
their own liking. Sorry to inconvenience those who'd prefer smaller JPGs,
but the loss of resolution would have disappointed others. It's a no-win
situation. It's a pain for me as well - this connection is pay as you go
and BMPs cost me more to upload (and I didn't fancy emailing BMPs out on an
individual basis)

--
Sarah H
http://www.shartwell.freeserve.co.uk...endment404.htm