Old March 22nd 04, 05:48 PM
Dave Jackson

Another good book is 'Helicopters of the Third Reich'
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...132705-0975207
?v=glance

It is the story of the world's first two production helicopters. Both
configurations were not pursued, for various reasons, but there is good
reason to believe that one or both of the configurations may become the
rotorcraft of the future. Boeing has recently proposed the side-by-side
configuration for the next transport helicopter.

"Gyroplanes" wrote in message
I just got my copy of Ray Prouty's "Helicopter Aerodynamics" from
WWW.HELOBOOKS.COM
Ray used to write an easy-to-read column on helicopter aerodynamics for

Rotor &
Wing magazine. Later they compiled these column into 3 books, Now all 3

are
available in one volume from Helobooks. This is not a cheesy Xerox copy as

feared it might be. It is a first class book of nearly 600 pages.
Happy reading, Tom