Old July 20th 03, 06:44 AM
Larry Fransson

In article 0%oSa.102046$ye4.74528@sccrnsc01,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Meigs is history, and AOPA doesn't want to do anything that would remind us
of their utter failure to prevent its closure. They will do whatever it
takes to change the subject, so that you continue to send them $$$. This
includes hoping that we all forget about the "Boycott Chicago" war cry that
created not so much as a stir in Chicago. No organization (or person, for
that matter) likes to be reminded of their impotency.

I, too, plan on asking them about this at OSH, but not because I expect an
answer.

Your soapbox is sagging.

AOPA lobbies the powers that be and rallies its members around a cause.
AOPA has no actual power to do anything. So to say that AOPA utterly
failed to prevent the closure of Meigs Field is to ascribe to the
organization powers that it does not have. You can't blame AOPA for
failing to do what it ultimately cannot do.

--
Larry Fransson
Aviation software for Mac OS X!