Old July 26th 07, 10:48 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
flybywire

Default Blue Angels flew last home field practice for a few weeks image 5694R

Hi Tom

Keep taking those badweather day photos the vortices are brill
cheers

Mike

"Tom Callahan" wrote in message
What we see on some Tuesdays and Wednesdays are the practice sessions.
They might fly a regular show sequence or they might just spend half an
hour practicing the same join maneuver or something like that. It's one
of the reasons we decided to buy a house here. I'm trying to turn out a
better photo. I've been sitting inside cropping fotos from this morning
and there is a SOS squadron C-130 out there shooting touch and goes. I
want to go into the yard with the camera but I also want to learn this
Photoshop CS3 stuff (got the 30 free download). Tough choice. The herky
will be back, the software expires in a couple of weeks. Of course, I can
then reload it on my PC and take it off of the laptop (yes, I have a
plan).

This past weekend we had Red, White and Blues week at Pensacola Beach.
For two of the practice days prior to the airshow LCDR Allison grounded
himself with sinus problems. Whoa!! He's the lead solo. When he was
back in action on Saturday for the airshow everyone was estatic!! The
shots I like best from my trip over to watch the practice sessions are of
the Shell Aerobatic Team flying T-6 Texans. The sky was cloudy and their
smoke made great arcs through the sky.

We are now without the Blues until 14 August. It's like owning a ski lift
and mountain in the summer. Soon, yes....soon they'll be back......Tom

"George" wrote in message
et...
Tom,

Two things seem to resound in my consciousness when I see your photos,one
is that you get to see this for free (awesome), and the second is that we
(taxpayers) pay these guys to go have this kind of fun, just incredible.

I am green with envy, just green.

George