Old January 9th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Ok then, how about the Mosquito?

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
The factory is also pursuing a 4 stroke
engine which will probably take the little ship out of the Ultralight
category. While definitely NOT advisable, there are at least three
people who taught themselves to fly the Mosquito without any prior
helicopter time. This, while not the smartest move in town indicates
how user friendly the little ship is. People that I've talked to say
the Mosquito is quite a bit easier to fly than the R-22. Hell the
more I talk about the Mosquito and remember my experience, the more I
want one. Look out budget.

I've been considering the Mosquito as a next project after the complition of
my 601XL. I even ordered the video and sample plans. It looks good on video
but then so did the Mini-500. I was a little disapointed that the video
didn't show any of the construction.

As for those that taught themselves to fly in it they are nuts. Seeing as
the company will give you $2000 off the cost if you show some training it
just plain crazy.