Old June 27th 04, 08:02 PM
Rob Turk

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 14:59:07 +0200, "Rob Turk"
wrote:

:"Luo Zheng" wrote in message
. com...
: I can help you in aircraft instruments which are cheaper and stable.
:
: If you are interested in them, please browse my Web site.
: http://www.ming-da.com
:
: Best Regards
:
:
:Interesting to see your company has years of experience in aircraft
:instuments (according to your web site), and then turns to this group to

ask
:how long an electric gyro should last. Having some reliability problems,
erhaps?!?

I'm still not sure that's what he was asking. It might be - but I
think maybe he was trying to find out the size of the US market for
his product.

That's a possibility as well. However, the electric gyro shown on his
website looks very similar to the 'non-TCO' gyro listed by Aircraft Spruce.
It's made in China too. When I wanted to order it through the Aircraft
Spruce UK subsidiary they strongly adviced against it due to reliability
issues with the bearings. They claimed that the gyro's all stopped working
after 50-100 hours of operation.

I'm not absolutely sure that they are both the same product (China is a big
country..) but I found the correlation between his 'how long can it be used'
question and the bearing issue I was warned for too much of a coincidence
not to mention it..

Rob