Old February 18th 08, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Our second encounter with freezing rain

Initially I
thought that Rick's suggestion of allowing at least 5 hours in the
future was reasonable, but as I was writing this note, maybe not going
up at all on days such as today would be a better decision.

Slightly OT, but recently some of us were talking at the airport about how
remarkably accurate the damned weathermen have been this winter. It's been
uncanny how they have been successfully predicting major winter storms days
in advance with near-100% accuracy.

Dunno if they have a new computer model, or what, but our jokes about the
weatherman have fallen flat this winter. They've been dead-nuts on, much
to our dismay.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA