Old March 1st 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Wood/composite prop bolt torque

On 1 Mar 2006 10:37:28 -0800, wrote:

Stealth Pilot wrote:

yes we use belleville washers.

Belleville springs. This was a nit with an old engineer with whom I
worked and upon reflection, I agree with him.

I am not picking nits either, but the Belleville Spring Company says,
and I quote from their website, "Conical shaped disc springs were
first conceived in the mid-1800's and the invention was subsequently
called a Belleville Washer after its inventor Julian Belleville, who
received a patent for the product in 1867."

All the links are for disc SPRING or belleville WASHER.

What is your old engineer's source?

George