Old October 27th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave Butler[_1_]

Default Good Used 4 Seaters

Curt Fennell wrote:

Does anybody have any thoughts on 4-seaters in the $30k-$40k range?
Am I completely fooling myself or can I get a decent older bird for
that price that will carry 4 people for a $400 hamburger on the
weekends?

That shouldn't be difficult, except for the "carry 4 people" part. Most
4-seaters won't really carry 4 adults unless you leave a lot of fuel
behind, which is OK if the hamburger isn't too far away.

Maybe your "older" is my "middle-aged", but I think you ought to be able
to find a late-70s, early-80s 172, Cherokee, Sundowner, etc etc in that
price range. I wouldn't have any heartburn about owning a plane in that
age range.

Dave