Old October 27th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave Butler[_1_]

Default Good Used 4 Seaters

Curt Fennell wrote:

Older is relative.... perusing the websites, most of the sub-$40k 4
seaters I've seen close to my age, which is to say pre-1960.

I set out to prove you wrong and searched www.trade-a-plane.com for 172s
in the 30-40K range, and .... you're (almost) right. I found mostly 196x
with a sprinkling of early 197x, and a couple of late 197x.

I think you might be looking in the wrong places. Those people who
advertise on trade-a-plane are advertising there because they couldn't
sell their plane locally, maybe because their price is too high. Those
aren't sold prices, they are just advertised prices.

.... or else I'm out of touch with prices these days, always a possibility.

Try looking at local FBO bulletin boards and asking around at the FBO.

Dave