Old January 12th 04, 01:29 PM
Dr. J Dana Eckart

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 05:27:30 -0500, Bart wrote:

WHY would you leave the copilot controls installed when carrying a non-pilot
passenger in that seat? What happened to you is the very reason I was told
that you want to ALWAYS remove controls unless the person sitting in that
seat is qualified to use them.

Removing the co-pilot controls requires an A&P, and theres frequently
not one available when you need one to do it. Most airplanes don't
have the ability to remove them at all.

Interesting. My helicopter time is all in R-22s and the controls are
relatively easy to remove and as far as I know, can be done by the PIC.
[I haven't flown in quite some time.]

How common is it for aircraft with removable controls to require an A&P
to do the removal/installation?

--
J Dana Eckart, PhD, PP-RH, KA4EVL | People who think that life couldn't be
Virginia Bioinformatics Institute | better lack vision, and those who think