Old June 26th 13, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default hydraulic disk brake upgrade

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 15:25:17 -0700, shkdriver wrote:

Hello,
Has anyone done a disc brake replacement of an original drum brake?

Ask Rick Mayes at Williams Soaring.

Back in 2001 I flew their SZD Junior, which they'd converted to a
hydraulic brake (I can't remember if it was disk or drum, sorry. It
worked much better than the usual factory-fitted Junior brake which is
digital - it either binds but stops the glider or doesn't bind and
doesn't stop it. They no longer have a Junior, but I'd be surprised if
they can't help.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK