Old September 12th 05, 04:27 PM
bumper

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
news:EXgVe.345487$xm3.13822@attbi_s21...
Hi,

One item that I don't think anyone has mentioned is to make sure that your
iPAQ is fully charged (or nearly so) before connecting it to your glider
battery. With a low battery an iPAQ can draw 1 A or more until charged.
That can make a major difference in glider battery life.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Quite true. Less current draw, but for the same reason, don't use the PDA's
backlight unless you need it. Then, bow towards Washington, DC (if you're in
the US) and chant, "you can't catch me - - you can't catch me" several times
.. . . then turn off the transponder if you're far away from heavy traffic
areas.

bumper