Old March 6th 05, 09:47 PM
HMFIC@1369

Your my Number 1 War Hero Charlie! Even though the pilots we're hot dogging,
and the charts outdated even though we pay Trillions to the Military to take
care of these simple things Huh?
"Charlie Wolf" wrote in message
I just sent this to Fox News:

Elenor Clift was just interviewed on Fox News Channel (by Laurie Due)
concerning the ransom that may have been paid for the Italian
journalist's release by the Italian government. At the very end of
the interview, Clift contended that a "trigger happy American military
killed some people in the Alps back some years ago". The quote is as
near as I can make it. She is implying that American troops fired on
people in the Alps. The story she is referring to is probably the one
where a U.S. Navy EA-6 Prowler aircraft flew a low level flight
(unauthorized) and clipped a cable on a mountain cable tram, killing
several people. There was no "trigger happy" aspect to it. It was an
accident for which the aviators careers were abruptly ended. It also
is completely unrelated to the story of the Italian govt. paying a
ransom to terrorists.

Clift's anti-American military remark is extremely inaccurate and way
out of line for a "journalist". She should IMMEDIATELY be made to do
an on-air apology and correction for this gross misreporting of the
facts.

Regards,