Old October 25th 03, 02:21 PM
Morgans

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

What you really need to know is at...
http://www.flycorvair.com/

However, my personal choice is a C-85 or 0-200.

Barnyard BOb -- 130 miles to Mexico

"Morgans" wrote:

Hee, Hee, Hee

I did own a Corvair. It was a better car engine than an airplane engine.

I owned a Ford V-6 in 1997 - 1998 for 26,000 mi.

By your logic, that qualifies me to say the same about
the Ford V-6 to Bruce, Corky, Clare, et all.??????

BTW.....
In my full size truck, it was a POS by any measure.

Barnyard BOb -- never again

Trying for some humor again. Sometimes I miss.

Really, the Corvair engine I had ran great out till 140,000, until the Ohio
salt ate the unibody. It was then sold to a guy to put in a Corvair van,
and ran for many years after that.

All that it ever needed was O-ring seals put in the pushrod tubes once a
year. My dad got to the point that he could do them all in less than a
hour. He made a special tool for the job.

I do think that if "I" were going to go for that (Corvair) power level, I
would go the C-85 or 0-200, since the Corvair has none of the other auto
engine benefits, and all (or most) of the airplane engine negatives.

The other thing is, I can't stand the thought of stealing a Corvair's
engine. g
--
Jim in NC