Old January 24th 04, 04:38 AM
Pilot Bob \(I am just a great guy!!\)

Get the part number off one of the probes (follow the wire to find the
label) and call JPI tech support.

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote in message
The installer supposedly called Tanis and JPI so I assumed they check
for compatibility. I am not sure how I would independently check this
myself. -sami

Pilot Bob (I am just a great guy!!) wrote:

980F is obviously not right. In my previous e-mail I said "bayonet" but

actually meant the spark plug adapter type. The spark plug adapter type

were
way off. Did you check you have JPI compatible probes?

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote in message

On mine, the Tanis kit had us swap out the bayonet probes for some sort
of rings that fit around the inserts that go into the CHT probe slots on
the underside of the engine. Now all of my probes read non-sensical
numbers like 980 degrees F and they fluctuate wildly.

-Sami

Pilot Bob (I am just a great guy!!) wrote:

The bayonet probe showed 40-50F higher than the other probes on my

airplane.

It was very annoying. JPI could fix it quite easily by modifying their
software to adjust the reading for bayonets, but they do not. That is

my
opinion.

"O. Sami Saydjari" wrote in message

Does anyone out there have experience with having installed a tanis
heater when a engine analyzer is already in place. I have a JPI

Classic
Scanner (EGT/CHT) that had bayonnet-type probee for CHT. Tanis has a
kit designed for this sitation, but after we installed the kit, none

of
the CHT readings worked at all. The installer called Tanis and JPI

and
did get very useful advice on what may be going wrong. Has anyone out
there faced this problem (and successfully overcome it)?

-Sami
Piper Arrow III N2057M