Old November 27th 04, 03:28 PM
Jim Burns

Default Aztec heater update

Just an update on what we've been finding with our Janitrol heater.

First, the spark plug isn't operating like it should. When we ground it to
the side of the heater, we don't get consistent or very strong spark. If we
take the spark plug off the lead and hold the lead 1/4 inch from the case,
it fires like crazy.

Second, we removed the fuel nozzle and it was pretty coked over. After
cleaning, we attached the solenoid and the fuel line to observe the spray
pattern. Pretty poor. It should spray in an even hollow cone of fully
atomized fuel. We had relatively large drops and the pattern wasn't very
good.

So, new plug and new nozzle are on their way from C&D Aircraft Heaters.

Hopefully this will solve our problems.

---