Old July 16th 03, 04:02 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
I don't know if "behind" is the right word. Garmin has had WAAS on

numerous
products for a couple of years now. There are valid reasons to try to

have
the best product on the market instead of the first product.

Garmin is behind because Upsat did the sensor merging on their own
initiative. I stood right there and watched the Transport Directorate say
"no" to the idea and FAA's chief scientist start running numbers in his
head. UPS was on the phone before the smoke break ended. WAAS alone could
not add any new services to existing GPS.

John P. Tarver, MS/PE