Old February 29th 04, 07:38 AM
B2431

From: JL Grasso
Date: 2/29/2004 12:56 AM Central Standard Time
On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:50:27 GMT, "Ralph Nesbitt"
wrote:

"Tarver Engineering" wrote in message

"Gord Beaman" wrote in message

Can you just imagine how long the tech course must be?...

A pitot tube is a fairly delicate instrument. There were artilce 15s for
those attepting to clean a pitot tube on our F-106 flightline. The pilots
did not apreciate having their displayed airspeed wrong.

What cleaning were they doing on pitot tubes on the flight line, "Using
Emory Cloth & Brasso to Polish the exterior of the tube"?
Ralph Nesbitt
Professional FD/CFR/ARFF Type

They were likely just burnishing out Tarv's teeth marks...

Jerry

Ack, I just had a visual of someone flipping on pitot heat and the pitot tube
having fried tarver lips burned onto them.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired