Old January 21st 04, 06:36 PM
Kevin Brooks

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
Oelewapper wrote:
GWB: "A government-run health care system is the wrong prescription. By
keeping costs under control, expanding access, and helping more

Americans
afford coverage, we will preserve the system of private medicine that

makes
America's health care the best in the world."

- Any U.S. president who is caught saying this kind of lies, should

either
be in prison or in a mental health care institution.

Even worse than that was his own acknowledgement that, three years into

his own
regime, there are now 4.3 million more Americans without health insurance

than
there were when he was sworn in.

LOL! The population growth rate for the US in 2000-2001 was 1.2%. Given a
population of about 280 million, that is somewhere close to 3.4 million
residents per year of his presidency. Which means the US population grew by
some 10 million persons during that three years you are concerned with.
Let's see, if the population grew by 10 million and the number of persons
uninsured only grew by 4.3 million, what does that tell you?

What the hell was he doing about our health
care system during those three years other than letting it atrophy and

die.

Oh, please... Let's see, when your hero Clinton took office in 1992, the
percentage of the population that was completely uninsured was 84.9%, and by
the time he left office in 2000 it had jumped to 85.7%. Where were your
screams of atrophy and death *then*? Between 2000 and the end of 2002 (the
last year data was available from the Census Bureau), that rate had climbed
a whopping...get this... .1%! Yep, it was at 85.8% (and I had to round the
calculation up to get *that* jump out of it). Which means that under Clinton
the rise was an average of about a tenth of a percent per year, and under
Bush it was half that. So I guess you will agree that Bush is doing better
in this regard than your hero did?

Source: http://www.census.gov/hhes/hlthins/h.../hihistt1.html

Maybe his daily PT regime used up all of his available time needed to

solve that
little problem.

Well according to the numbers he is doing pretty good--maybe your theory
should instead state, "Presidents who devote a portion of their time to PT
experience a smaller annual growth rate in the number of uninsured than do
Presidents who devote their time to their inters and cigars"?

Brooks

George Z.