Old June 16th 04, 11:41 AM
Kevin

Dave S wrote:
You have an experimental or certified, newps?

Newps wrote:

"Henry Kisor" wrote in message

I've just bought myself a new Garmin handheld GPS. I noticed that the
auto
dash mount is stuck to the dashboard with some kind of double-stick
stuff.
Is it OK by the FAA to stick the mount onto my airplane's glare shield

this

way, or do they consider it a permanent installation and require 337s
and
stuff?

What about using strong Velcro? Will that pass muster with the FAA as a
temporary installation?

I've used velcro for my Garmin Pilot III for the last 5 years. I also
hardwired it into the aircraft. Couldn't possibly care less what the FAA
thinks.

Amen !